Sunday, September 9, 2012

Bertolli Part Two...

After the delicious meal from Bertolli (Braised Beef and Gold Potatoes), I decided the best way to really test this meal was to make it a two part meal.  After all, if you live alone then most likely the leftovers from this are going to be your work meal.  I only kept this in my refrigerator for one night before taking it to work the next day.  I wanted to give my meal the best chance at being delicious.  But lets face it, most of us are going to forget that its in the refrigerator at all.  It will get pushed to the back with all the other lonely leftovers, covered in suspicious green substances.  

But, for the sake of argument, say that you don't forget about it.  Let's say that you take it to work in your tupperware and reheat it in the microwave.  Well, that is exactly what I did.  After 2 minutes, I stirred it and cooked it again for another 45 seconds.  Keep in mind that I was reheating the ENTIRE remaining portion of the previous meal.  You may want to split this into three meals instead of two if you are looking for lunch sized portions.

I hesitated at first because it looked like it might burn my mouth, but actually it was the perfect temperature.  It tasted and smelled just as amazing as the night before.  In fact, I think it was better!  The extra cooking helped the larger potatoes to really reach the proper consistency. The beef didn't sacrifice any flavor or tenderness because there was still quite a bit of the "gravy" in the container.  (I'm not sure if it's really gravy or a sauce.  Honestly, it was a bit like a hybrid of the two.)  I felt like the peppers didn't really benefit from the extra cooking time but it was a small price to pay for a delicious lunch.  I was incredibly satisfied with my meal and even spent a little extra time that evening on my dinner because I wasn't starving when I got off of work.  Here's a little pic of my reheated Bertolli Meal for Two.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggestions always welcome!