Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Sukhi's Naanwich

For those of you who love Indian food, pay attention.  This one is for you.  Let it be known that I am unfamiliar with Indian cuisine.  I have a very basic understanding of the flavors and terminology that goes along with it.  But I felt this was necessary to try.  Besides, I love good food and this looked tasty. I had to give it a try so I picked the Tandoori Chicken.  Here is what it looked like pre-microwave.

Now, there were a couple things I wasn't expecting when I cooked this.  First off, I didn't expect it to only take 45 seconds.  Although, I did have to zap it for another 15 after realizing a few pieces were still cold.  This brings me to the next bit that I didn't expect.  It was not a solid piece of chicken.  It was like pulled chicken.  Maybe that's what tandoor chicken means.  Honestly, I didn't look it up because frankly the naanwich wasn't very good.  The Naan Flatbread was dry and hard in some places and the sandwich wasn't very big.  After pulling off the gross parts of naan bread, I had maybe 5 or 6 bites.  I give this a 4 out 10.  If it comes down to eating this or snack food, then I would choose this.  But, it is definitely not my first choice for a frozen meal.  It's a little pricey as well.  This was on SALE at The Fresh Market 2 for $6.00.  Not a great deal, in my opinion. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggestions always welcome!